Today, Wednesday, was my turn to cook at The Chambs':-)
Rice and Shrimp and Broccoli
Although the name of this recipe may not be very original, I did find several versions on how to make a dish with these ingredients online. There were several that sounded really good such as Shimp Fried Rice II and Cajun Shrimp and Rice . So I took them as a starting point as to what I wanted to make.
- Cocktail size Shrimp
- (Leftover) Rice
- Tumeric (yellow sesoning)
- Soy Sauce
(I cooked everything separately for my toddler)
- (Defrost shrimp if necessary)
- Heat the rice and add the Tumeric
- Melt butter and add garlic
- Then add the shrimp and soy sauce
- Stir until shrimp is tender
- Cook broccoli to taste
Time to Eat!
|Rice with Shrimp and Broccoli|
- My Version
- When heating leftover rice - I add a bit of water to it to moisturize it. (oil is another alternative)
- Tumeric is a handy ingredient to have in your kitchen.
- Tumeric turns most foods yellow.